- 367 IKEA stores in 30 countries
- 45 Shopping Centres in 14 countries,
- 20 Pick-up and Order Points in 11 countries,
- 31 Store Distribution sites in 18 countries and
- 37 Customer Distribution sites in 16 countries
- 29 out of 30 markets offering ecommerce
IKEA.com saw over 2.35 billion visits in FY18, and 182 million visits to the catalogue and store apps.
By the numbers
34.8 billion EUR total retail sales
Total: retail sales translated into Euro increased by 1.9%. Adjusted for currency impact, total retail sales increased by 4.7%. Total revenue EUR 37.1 billion.
152,100 IKEA Retail
2,250 Ingka Centres
838 million IKEA Store visits.
475 million Shopping Centre visits.
People and planet positive
- We own and operate 441 wind turbines in Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, the UK and the USA. We have also 900,000 solar panels on the roofs of our stores and warehouses.
- Today, more than half of our co-workers are women, as are 49% of our managers and 44%* of Group Management.
*This number has changed for FY18 due to new management structure.
- Refugees in 11 countries are receiving support to develop new skills for employment.
- Our food waste initiative saved nearly 865,000 meals from going to waste in our kitchens, amounting to more than 389,000kg of food saved.
- The number of home solar customers grew by 230%, and each customer saved on average EUR 400 per year on their energy bill.
We have partnerships with 58 social entrepreneurs and social businesses in 14 countries.
Part of the family
Our most loyal customers are members of IKEA Family, and there are over 124 million so far.
More than 38,000 new members join every day!
30% corporate income tax
Corporate income tax amounted to EUR 0.6 billion globally, which equals an effective corporate tax rate of 30% (24,9% in FY17). Our total tax bill including other taxes and duties amounted to approximately EUR 1.1 billion.
EUR 1.5 billion net profit
(EUR 2.5 billion in FY17)